We may help:
- current full members of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ)
- former full members of the NUJ who resigned from the union when they retired or left journalism, for example
- dependants of deceased NUJ members, such as widows and orphans.
There are some restrictions:
- we may only help full members of the NUJ, so we cannot assist you if you are a temporary, student or asylum seeker member
- full NUJ members must have paid at least one year's contributions to the NUJ
- for past members, we must have proof, via the NUJ's records or documentary evidence (old NUJ membership cards, NUJ life membership cards), that the person was a member of the NUJ who had paid their contributions regularly
- we do not normally assist lapsed members, unless you can provide a reason that satisfies the trustees
- we help current members facing short-term difficulties only. We cannot subsidise those who are unable to make a living as a journalist.
Further details on how we work.
Donate to NUJ extra – anyone can donate money to the charity. Members should log in to the website before making a donation to avoid filling in forms.