NUJ Informed, Issue 32, August 2020
Union pulls together in time of Covid crisis and NUJ challenges government's unfair freelance aid package.
News from the union's national executive council:
- Union pulls together in time of Covid crisis
- Michelle Stanistreet sits out the heatwave as the union seeks to stave off redundancies, challenge the Treasury's package for the self-employed, battle with union-busting tactics from BAJ and work with the government on a rescue plan for the media.
- NUJ challenges government's unfair freelance aid package
- News Recovery plan wins wide support
- Cash-rich Reach makes 'bombshell' cuts
- BBC blitz on jobs
- Police apology to No Stone Unturned Two
- Tim Dawson looks at how online justice is being delivered
- Ian Burrell looks at how the industry's response to Covid-19 could change it for ever
- NUJ a key partner in safety body
Download the resource