This tutor-led training session ‘News Verification Skills for journalists’ will help strengthen digital skills and develop the next generation of newsroom leaders.
The half-day, online session via Google Meet aims to strengthen digital research and verification skills and will cover:
• What is ‘disinformation’ vs ‘misinformation’?
• A history of fake news
• Impact and causes of disinformation
• Exploring disinformation in both its forms: political propaganda & conspiracy theory
• Old fashioned tricks of the trade to identify disinformation
• 21st Century Tools to identify disinformation
We are delighted to be able to offer this training for free to NUJ members and NUJ student members across the UK and Ireland, as this course has been developed with support from the Google News Initiative.
Please register your interest by using the BOOK NOW button to the right. Email [email protected] with any queries.