National Union of Journalists (NUJ) – Winning for you at work
The NUJ has welcomed the Chancellor’s new scheme for freelances affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, but said it doesn’t go far enough.
The NUJ has welcomed new measures announced by the Irish government, including wage subsidies for employees in businesses that have been hit by the coronavirus.
Union reacts to Iconic Newspapers and Celtic Media Group announcements
New on the site
- NUJ Informed, Issue 31, March 2020
- Statutory Sick Pay, Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, Employment and Support Allowance and Universal Credit. Guidance document.
- Briefing on employer and employees responsibilities in the wake of Coronavirus No. 2
- Covid-19 – support for businesses
- TUC report - Protecting workers’ jobs and livelihoods: the economic response to coronavirus
Thursday 26th to Friday 27th March 2020
Wednesday 29th to Thursday 30th April 2020
Friday 1st May 2020
- johnston press
- journalists detained
- journalists killed
- local news matters
- local newspapers
- parliament uk
- press freedom
- regional newspapers
- trade union training
- trinity mirror