WhenFriday 7 June 2013
10.30 - 16:30
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Musicians’ Union, 60-62 Clapham Road, SW9 0JJ
Tutors: Sue Walker and Muriel McClymont
Effective interview and presentation skills – whether at a formal interview or a chance meeting where there might be work at the end of it – are essential. Some find the thought of self-presentation terrifying! Others find it easier. Whatever you feel, you can always do better.
Apply Online by May 28, 2013
This one-day workshop is designed to give practical advice and support to help you improve how you demonstrate your many skills and abilities to a potential employer, through both what you say and how you say it. It covers:
- How to prepare effectively
- How to get your message across
- How to respond to difficult questions or challenging scenarios
- How to match your skills to the opportunity
- How to positively use your voice and body language
- How to confidently present yourself and your experience
We offer lots of practice, advice and mock interviews/meetings (you define the situation that will be most helpful to you). You will receive constructive feedback, and get the chance to test-drive new responses to your dreaded questions or scenarios.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to present themselves effectively with the aim of making the most of every face-to-face opportunity to get more work.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- have gained a clearer understanding of how you come across in person and how to improve this
- have practiced and received constructive feedback on the effectiveness of your interview or presentation technique
- understand what you need to do to maximise the impact you make
- know how to prepare for an interview so that you feel informed, confident and as relaxed as possible
- be better prepared for challenging questions or scenarios – and know how you can use them to your advantage
- have an action plan for your next steps.
How to Apply
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by May 28.
This event is for NUJ members only. Please consider joining the NUJ if you would like to attend this event.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 07975 913123