What Next for Local Journalism?
WhenWednesday 18 October 2017
14:00 – 15:00
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
BBC Newcastle, Barrack Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4NS
What are the challenges and opportunities for local journalism in the north east?
Organised by The Civic Journalism Lab.
Hear our panel of experts, and then have your say.
Our panellists include:
- Helen Dalby, editor of ChronicleLive, and regional head of digital for Trinity Mirror North East
- Gavin Foster, managing editor of the Sunderland Echo, Shields Gazette and Hartlepool Mail
- Megan Lucero, head of Google-funded Bureau Local
- Ted Ditchburn, managing director of North News
- Matthew Barroclough, BBC’s head of Local News Partnerships
- Andrew McKegney, policy and communication business partner at Newcastle City Council
The Civic Journalism Lab is a an opportunity for professional, student and community journalists in the north east of England to meet, learn and collaborate. Supported by Newcastle University and by BBC North East & Cumbria.