NUJ reps training stage 4, London, April 2020
WhenThursday 2 April 2020
10.00 - 17.00 day one
10.00 - 14.00 day two
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
NUJ, Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London
This four-stage programme of courses is for branch and chapel reps, either freelance or employed, with members who work in diverse ways. It is relevant for all reps, whether you are new to your role or have more experience. The courses are updated regularly to look at new working practices and laws. They are customised to meet the needs of all NUJ reps and members, regardless of what work you do or how you do it.
This course is aimed at reps who have done stages 1, 2 & 3. The course brings together the skills and knowledge developed so far. It builds on them by looking at all the issues associated with negotiating on behalf of your members, either individually or collectively. The skills and knowledge developed on this course are transferable and can be used effectively by freelance reps and members in different settings.
- Exploring what is meant by negotiating within a trade union context.
- Developing an awareness of key negotiating skills, and when to apply them.
- Developing a strategy, arguments and tactics to support the union’s position.
- Understanding how and when to refer to equality, health and safety and other laws.
- Practising preparing for and applying a strategic plan in joint negotiations.
Further details and contact information