NUJ reps' training Stage 2, London, November 2019
WhenThursday 21 November 2019
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
NUJ, Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London WC1X 9NB
The NUJ's programme of free reps' courses is aimed at branch and chapel reps, freelance or staff, who have members who work in diverse ways. You may be a new or more experienced rep. It does not matter which; this programme is relevant for you. The courses are updated regularly to look at new working practices and laws and are customised to meet the needs of all NUJ reps and members, regardless of what work you do or how you do it.
This course is aimed at reps and members who have completed Stage 1 and builds on the knowledge and skills needed to support and represent members at meetings.
• Understanding how to use procedures effectively.
• Using procedures in conjunction with codes of practice and guides.
• Developing an understanding of your role when supporting and representing members.
• Making the most of your rights when accompanying a member to a meeting.
• Preparing for, and practising the skills of, representation.
Further details and contact information