NUJ Reps Stage 1, Glasgow, May 2018
WhenThursday 24 May 2018
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
NUJ Scotland office, 3rd Floor, 114 Union Street, Glasgow G1 3QQ
This is the first stage of the three-part NUJ reps' training programme. After completing all parts, you can feel confident that you have covered all you need to know to deal with your members’ day-to-day issues.
We ask that you complete the courses in order, beginning with stage 1, as the programme gradually builds on your knowledge and experience.
- Identifying the main roles, responsibilities and skills related to being an NUJ branch or chapel representative.
- Exploring the law and understanding how a rep can apply good practice when asserting their rights.
- Understanding the structure of the NUJ and the union’s links to local, national and global trade union organisations.
- How to use agreements, procedures and policies.
- Developing a strategy when dealing with members' issues.
This event is for NUJ members only. Please consider joining the NUJ if you would like to attend this event.
Further details and contact information