NUJ advanced representation training, London, May 2020
WhenTuesday 19 May 2020
10.00 - 17.00 day one
10.00 - 14.00 day two
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
NUJ, Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London
This course is for NUJ reps who have completed all three stages of the NUJ reps’ training programme and have some experience of representing members. Effective use of procedures has always been a cornerstone of union reps' work when representing members at disciplinary hearings and appeals. This greatly increases the chances of our members receiving a fair hearing and a just outcome being achieved.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in both the form and application of workplace procedures.
• Assess workplace procedures in relation to the ACAS code of practice.
• Evaluate written transcripts and identify and assess key evidence.
• Develop an awareness of legislation in relation to disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Prepare and present an appeal.
• Examine the role of grievance procedures in relation to disciplinary proceedings.
This event is for NUJ members only. Please consider joining the NUJ if you would like to attend this event.
Further details and contact information