NUJ advanced representation training, London, December 2019
WhenWednesday 4 December 2019
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
NUJ, Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London WC1X 9NB
This course is for NUJ reps who have completed all three stages of the NUJ reps’ training programme and have some experience of representing members. Effective use of procedures has always been a cornerstone of union reps' work when representing members at disciplinary hearings and appeals. This greatly increases the chances of our members receiving a fair hearing and a just outcome being achieved.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in both the form and application of workplace procedures.
• Assess workplace procedures in relation to the ACAS code of practice.
• Evaluate written transcripts and identify and assess key evidence.
• Develop an awareness of legislation in relation to disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Prepare and present an appeal.
• Examine the role of grievance procedures in relation to disciplinary proceedings.
Further details and contact information