Linking In and Meeting Up
WhenThursday 6 June 2013
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Musicians’ Union, 60-62 Clapham Road, SW9 0JJ
Whether through digital media or face-to-face, networking is important to raise your profile and market your work successfully.
This workshop falls into two parts:
I. Why networking works and why effective digital networking is so important.
II. How we fit networking into our daily work schedule.
Areas covered in the workshop include:
- Networking refresher - what it is and why it works
- Identifying what you're selling and how it helps others
- Your key messages
- Understanding your digital footprint
- Social media for work - polishing your online profile
- LinkedIn - including groups and recommendations
- Google + circles
- Tools for managing multiple social networks (without wasting time)
- Your next steps
- Participants will devise a personal action plan with practical measures to improve their online and face-to-face networking.
Tutor: David Thomas
Apply Online by 27 May, 2013
Who should attend
Freelances who wish to find better ways to network both face-to-face and digitally. No technical knowledge will be assumed. The aim is to help people understand how networking works and hone their message. It does not require participants to be online during the training.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how face-to-face and digital networking interact
- Draw up a plan for engaging with others face to face and on a range of social networks
- Understand how to use time-saving tools to maintain digital engagement
- Know where to get advice and help on the above.
Successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of 17 February. We will let you know if your application has been successful by 22 February.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 07975 913123