I Am Visible 2014
WhenThursday 6 March 2014
Thursday, 6 March 6, 2014 at 8:00
Friday, 7 March at 18.00
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
University of East London’s Docklands Campus Knowledge Dock 4 University Way, London E16 2RD
“I Am Visible” is part of International Women’s Day, a global celebration of women from all walks of life through themed events, training workshops and topical debate. “I Am Visible” is dedicated to putting the spotlight on individuals, businesses and campaigns all doing their bit to support women and inspire the next generation to dream without boundaries.
The theme for this year's "I Am Visible" week is The Journey: Swimming, Sinking and the Pursuit of Success. We believe there is something to learn from every story and career journey, and that’s why we’re inviting you to join us as we hear from Visible Women from across the UK as they share their journeys of sinking and swimming to get where they are today.
- Jenny Dawson, founder of Rubies in the Rubble and winner of Ben and Jerry’s award for social enterprise.
- Leyla Hussein, founder of Daughters of Eve and Cosmopolitan ultimate campaigner Women of the Year 2010.
- Carolyn Pearson, award winning, creative and innovative web start-up entrepreneur & e-commerce technology leader.
- Ali Steed, co-founder of My Money Diva and the financial journalist behind Channel 4′s Superscrimpers.
- Vanessa Vallely, founder of We are the City and global award winning business woman.
Lena Calvert, the NUJ's equality officer, will be speaking on a panel about Raising the Profile of Women in Sport, Friday 7 March, 15.30.
For the latest updates follow Twitter @Visible_Women #IAmVisible