Freelance Forum, Spring 2020 - POSTPONED
WhenMonday 23 March 2020
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Buswells Hotel, Molesworth Street, Dublin 2
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 story, we've taken the decision to postpone the Freelance Forum for the moment.
More detials to follow at a later stage.
Freelance Forum, organised by Dublin Freelance NUJ branch with support from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, is a regular one-day event to keep freelance journalists up to date with the latest developments in their industry. It is for writers, photographers and PR practitioners, and covers print, broadcast and online media.
Go to the Dublin Freelance Branch website for more details and to reserve your place.
If you have any queries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening Address by Mairead McGuinness MEP, first vice-president of the European Parliament.
- Rory Byrne, founder, Security First and Philip O’Connor, journalist covering recent trends in digital and physical threats facing freelance journalists and media organisations.
- What do commissioning editors want in a pitch? with Emmet Ryan, editor, Connected Magazine, Business Post and Brian Carey, business editor, Sunday Times.
- Moving Into radio with Mary Carroll, senior producer, the Last Word/Today FM, Sarah Binchy, producer, RTÉ and Pat O’Mahony, freelance journalist and producer.
- A Do It Yourself guide to tax returns with freelance journalist Barry McCall.
€10 for NUJ members, and €20 for non members.
Further details and contact information