Copywriting for journalists: looking at new ways of making money
WhenFriday 2 February 2018
10:00 - 17:30
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London WC1X 9NB
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL.
This one-day course organised by the NUJ and London Freelance Branch for working journalists will cover topics including:
- What is copywriting, what does it cover/who hires copywriters
- How to find your first clients
- Marketing, branding and social media for copywriters
- How to find your story
- Identifying and using your USP to your advantage
- Pricing; what and how should you charge
- Getting paid/common mistakes to avoid
- Essential systems and processes to have in place
- Recommended resources
The course will include helpful breakout sessions.
Attendees will need to bring their own notebook and pens (or laptop or tablet if they wish)
The course fee includes lunch.
Tutor: Eleanor Goold is chief copywriter and founder of Kreativ Copywriting. She also runs The Copywriter Facebook Group, a popular online community and is the tutor of The Utterly Compelling Email Copywriter course. She is also a regular guest on podcasts and is often asked about marketing and branding for copywriters, so has plenty of advice, guidance and tips to offer.
NUJ members £49; Non-members £89
Further details and contact information